The department in charge of NGOS, RBO& Political organization’s registration is located in Kigali, Remera KG 178 ST, RGB Offices 4th floor right wing.
SERVICES WE OFFER :
- Registration for Religious based Organizations
- Registration for Local Non-Governmental Organizations
- Registration for Political Organizations
- Monitoring the functioning of RBOs,NGOs Activities
- Grants to CSOs
Monday to Friday from 7 am-12am : receiving applications
From 1pm-5pm:Analysis of the documents.
COST FOR THE REGISTRATION ?
Free of charge
PROCEDURES FOR REGISTRATION OF RBOs&NGOs :
WHAT DO WE GET
- At District Level : a collaboration letter obtained from the Mayor of district
- At National Level at RGB :
1) A Temporary Registration Certificate for first application
2) A compliance certificate conferring Legal personality
2)Facilitation in publishing legal personality in Official Gazette after submission of Authenticated statutes as stipulated in the art 6& 17 of the law regulating NGOs and the law Regulating RBOs respectively.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS :
WHAT IS A RELIGIOUS BASED ORGANIZATION :
A Religious based organization is an organization whose members share same beliefs, culture and practices.
WHAT IS A NATIONAL NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGO) ?
An NGO is an organization which is comprised of natural persons or of autonomous collective voluntary organizations whose aim is to improve economic, social and cultural development and to advocate for public interests of a certain group, natural persons, organizations or with the view of promoting common interest of their members.
WHAT IS A FOUNDATION
A foundation is an organization whose purpose is either to establish a fund or to collect funds, manage and use them to provide beneficiaries with support.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO ESTABLISH AN NGO ? A FOUNDATION
At least three people (3) for an NGO
Whereas a Foundation can be established by one or several persons ; one of them should possess a work/resident permit in or have activities in Rwanda.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR RELIGIOUS BASED ORGANIZATION’S REGISTRATION
1. Application Letter Addressed to the CEO of Rwanda Governance Board ;
2. Authenticated statutes governing the religious-based organizations with contents respecting the provisions of article 5 (stipulating the activities of religious-based organizations) of the law no 06/2012 of 17 February 2012 ;
3. Location of its head office as well as its full address as per the RGB format on website ;
4. Names of the Legal Representative of the religious-based organizations, his/her deputy, their duties, full address as well as its full address as per the RGB format on website, their CV and their criminal records
5. A document certifying that the legal representative of the religious-based organizations and his/her deputy were appointed in accordance with its statutes (Declaration) ;
6. A brief statement describing the major doctrines of the religious-based organizations ;
7. The minutes of the general assembly which approved the statutes of the religious-based organization
8. Action plan for the fiscal year
9. Original District Collaboration letter for the current year issue by the Mayor
WHAT IS A POLITICAL ORGANIZATION
It is an association of citizens sharing the same thinking and views on the development of social welfare of all the population and the development of the country, with the objective to accede to power through democratic and peaceful ways, to be able to put them in action ;
WHAT ARE THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO THE REQUEST FOR REGISTRATION OF A POLITICAL ORGANIZATION
Application letter should be accompanied by the followings :
1° Three (3) certified copies of the statutes governing the political organization ;
2° Three (3) copies of the minutes of the general assembly that established the political organization, certified by the notary of the District where the general assembly was held ;
3° Three copies (3) of the internal rules and regulations of the political organization ;
4° For each legal representative of the political organization :
a) A full identification certificate ;
b) A certificate of residence which is issued by the Mayor of the District ;
c) A criminal record showing that he/she has not been sentenced, and if entenced the offence committed and the penalty pronounced.
N.B : A political organization registered shall, within a period not exceeding one (1) month after its final registration, inform the authority in charge of the registration of political organizations on the location of its offices.
WHAT ARE THE CONTENT OF THE STATUTES OF A POLITICAL ORGANIZATION
The statutes of a political organization shall especially contain clearly the following :
1° The full name of the political organization ;
2° Its objectives ;
3° Its structure and organs ;
4° Its head office which shall be in Rwanda ;
5° The members of its organs, modalities for their election and replacement, their term of office and responsibilities ;
6° The requirements for membership, resignation and dismissal of members ;
7° The legal representatives of the political organization ;
8° The provisions related to the property ;
9° The provisions relating to the amendments of its statutes and its dissolution ;
10° The fate of its assets when the political organization is dissolved voluntarily or following a court’s decision.
VALIDITY OF THE TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE
Twelve months (12).
But in a period not exceeding nine (9) months from the date the temporary registration certificate is granted, any religious-based organization must apply for the legal personality for RBOs&nine (9) months after the issue of the temporary for the NGO.
DEADLINES FOR ISSUING A TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE
For more information ;Download this document
Registration requirements for FBOs : Please click here for details.
Registration requirements for local NGOs : Please click here for details.
Registered CSOs (RBOs and NGOs) 2015 Click here to download