RGB General Secretariat comprises the Secretary General and the staff of RGB. The General Secretariat provides support to all other functions of RGB in terms of; Planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Procurement management, Logistics management and ICT. It is responsible for overseeing the overall management of RGB programs and performance of staff. The office ensures a monitoring and evaluation system to ensure a seamless, efficient and result-oriented flow of all departments’ work.
To coordinate the planning function, reporting system and business analysis, strengthens the RGB’s capacity to execute strategic plans and to achieve significant progress against set targets. It also supervises development of Human Resources Strategies and their implementation as well as manages the compliance with PFM systems within RGB.
· Coordinating the planning function for the institution
· Leading the development of the institution’s strategic and annual plans and ensuring they are implemented
· Facilitating the development of departmental plans into a single action plan with their corresponding budgets.
· Ensuring preparation of annual procurement plans
· Supervising the efficiency of procurement of goods, services and works for the institution while ensuring compliance with the national procurement law, guidelines and procedures.
· Preparing and submitting to relevant authorities RGB’s activity and financial reports as required by the Organic law on state finances.
· Ensuring proper management of Human, material and financial resources of RGB.
· Coordinating the development and implementation of information technology strategies to enhance the performance of RGB and quality service delivery to clients
· Managing and Supporting IT Systems and Applications and maintain their Security.
· Developing and coordinating staff development plan in support of the RGB’s staff development strategy.
· Provide technical support in managing performance of staff, material and financial resources of the institution.
· Organize the filing and archiving of records and documents.
· Provide legal advice/opinion on all kinds of agreements and litigious files engaging RGB
· Coordinating the planning and implementation of programs and projects under Strategic Projects Implementation Unit (SPIU) to ensure they contribute to the overall achievement of the institution’s mission