The media sector has undergone several reforms geared towards creating an environment that enables a free, independent, vibrant and socially responsible media industry. The core responsibilities of this unit are based on developing and monitoring strategies for the effective implementation of the reforms and collaborating with other institutions having some media related duties under their respective mandates.
The main duties of the unit are the following:
- Coordinate the implementation of Rwanda Media Policy,
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of media sectors reforms,
- Propose strategies to effectively implement Media Development programs,
- Plan and organize sensitization/awareness campaigns on media sector reforms focusing on Access to Information Law,
- Liaise with Media High Council on Capacity Building for journalists,
- Liaise with Rwanda self-Regulatory Body on Self-regulation activities,
- Coordinate with Rwanda Utilities and Regulatory Authority (RURA) on Electronic Media Licensing and regulation,
- Organize engagement meetings and Media Policy Dialogues for both local and foreign Journalists,
- Conduct a Regular assessment of media development through Rwanda Media Barometer.
Director of Media Coordination and Monitoring Unit
Cell Phone: +250788455899